The MEGA Hailong Shark Pack is the BIGGEST downtube mounted hard case pack on the market today! Typically installed on your downtube to the water bottle cage mount, this battery quick releases from a reinforced mounting bracket. Very water resistant - almost waterproof as long as it is mounted upright (mounting upside down will provide a vulnerability with how the quick release system works). Being the biggest downtube battery available, at a higher voltage for increased speed, we recommend using some extra velcro straps to ensure a secure mount to your frame - especially if riding trails or other rough/bumpy terrain. Weighing in at under 12 lbs, you could still place this battery on a suitable rear rack, or in a pannier. Just be sure to check the load capacity rating of your rack. Made with premium brand name cells for best performance!
- This battery is approx. 1050 watt hours. On average riders use around 20-25 watt hours per mile, so while you could expect around 45 miles range from this pack, the watt hour range estimates referenced are typically made for lower voltage (48-52v), lower power systems. For a battery pack like this, the application and usage widely varies, so it is very hard to give you an accurate estimate. With high power systems that use this battery to its full potential, you may get a good bit less range, however, it is also possible to get more range if you are using the assist in a lower power setting or sparingly.
- This pack is suitable to power any 60 volt system that requires 40 amps or less of continuous discharge. This is not only a powerful battery pack, - it is also higher voltage than what you would typically find in a downtube hard pack. This is specifically engineered for those wanted to take advantage of the higher RPM (and higher top speed) that a 60v battery will allow - and will require a controller capable of handling the 67.2v that this battery outputs at a full charge. We highly recommend pairing this battery with an ASI BAC controller hooked to a CYCX1, BBSHD, or larger hub motor. With a powerful battery like this, do keep in mind that higher current bursts will not only drain your battery faster, but have the potential to heat things up to an extreme - with great power comes great responsibility, and it is highly advised and up to you to practice moderation in usage, and monitor your equipment - evaluating what is a safe limit to push your battery and system to.
- This Battery has a Mini XLR Charge Port, and optionally includes a 'Smart' (80/90/100% Switchable) 4 Amp Charger. The Discharge Cable uses an XT90s Anti Spark Connector.
- Biggest Downtube Mount Quick Release Battery on the Market Today
- Lockable and Quick Releases from the Mount
- Deep Ridge on Front of Case Acts as Handle for Carrying
- Highly Water Resistant Solid Case Provides Good Protection
- On / Off Switch
- Lighted Battery Lever LED Indicator on Side
- Mini XLR Charge Port
- Optional 60v (67.2v Max) 4a Smart Charger with 80/90/100% 3-Way Toggle Dial
- 10"+ Discharge Cable Uses an XT90s Anti-Spark Connector
- Custom Discharge Cable Connectors Available Upon Request
- Discharge Adapters Also Available
- Capacity: 60v (67.2v Fully Charged) 17.5ah
- Configuration: 16 Series 5 Parallel
- Cells: Samsung 35E 3500mAh (or LG MJ1 Upon Request)
- Cycle Life: 500-1000+ Cycles @ =/> 80%
- Output: 40a Continuous Discharge
- Input: 6a Charging Max
- Low Voltage Cutoff: 48v
- Weight: 10.6 lbs (4.8 kg) [10.1 lbs Battery | .5 lb Mount]
- Dimensions: 14.5 * 3.6 * 5.6" (368.5 * 90 * 141mm) - See Diagram Photo for more Detail