We currently program with the newest OSF v20.1C.3 - but we will program and send your TSDZ2 Kit with ANY VERSION requested.
We do provide the system preloaded and preconfigured, ready to go, just tell us the battery you are pairing it with, and your wheel size. Then it will be ready to go without worrying about adjusting any settings at first, and you can tweak settings if you decide to after the fact.
If you plan to run the motor power at over 500w, you can easily overheat the motor. The maximum power the motor is capable of with a 52v battery is approx 1000w peak if programmed to full power. A heatsink plate can be installed under your motor core to aid in the cooling, allowing you to run higher power, but if you want to be safe it is best to get a temperature sensor which monitors heat and cuts power if the motor is going to overheat.
If you are planning on running your motor hard, or just want it bulletproof, we also recommend you consider getting a Metal Gear preinstalled, which Eco Cycles is proud to exclusively offer along with the other modifications available. We also offer PEEK Gears, which offer the reliability of a Metal Gear, without the added noise.
Due to the nature of Open Source Firmware, various bugs and/or glitches may arise in ANY version, and it is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with not only OSF in general, but specifically with the firmware programming/update process. As this firmware is continuously updated, it is best to have the ability to update yourself. That being said the newest v20.1C.3 is very functional and stable compared to previous versions.
Open Source Firmware is made by a Third Party and does void the official warranty of the TSDZ2. That being said, we do warranty any units against being dead on arrival, and will work with you through any issues you have.
Eco Cycles has been working with the TSDZ2 for years, and knows these motor kits better than anyone else around, even providing support and repair services for other domestic, and international distributors. We worked closely with the OSF coders, and the part manufacturers to facilitate plug and play programming and updating, which was not possible in the early stages of OSF. We also stock ALL replacement parts in the US, so rest assured you are in good hands as far as support goes.
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware (OSF) is a project being developed by members of the TSDZ2 Community. Discussed, tested, and continuously updated - upgrades have already been implemented that grant the TSDZ2 a smooth power delivery system that even rivals the expensive mid drives found on higher end factory bikes... but where it really shines, is when it comes to the custom settings. Current Features Include:
- Smooth, Efficient, Responsive (FOC) Power Delivery System using Sophisticated Algorithms
- Can accept Wide Voltage Range between 24v - 60v and Provides Advanced Battery Settings Including Low Voltage Cutoff, and Pack Resistance, for Accurate and Detailed Battery Information including State of Charge (SOC) Option
- All Custom Settings can be Changed from the Display Menu, with Quick Access/Select for Maximum Motor Power, and Graph Display Toggle
- Set Maximum Power Level (Watt Limit) and Current Ramp (Amps) for High Power with Smooth Onset
- Offroad Mode can be Activated at Startup and has Alternate Speed and Power Limit Settings
- Set up to 9 Levels of Pedal, Boost, and Walk Assist
- High Cadence Support up to 120 RPM (Stock Firmware only Supports up to 90 RPM)
- Torque Sensor can be Calibrated for Optimal Performance
- Fully Tune-able Power - Set the Torque Multiplication Ratios for each Individual Pedal Assist Level, Boost Level, and Set the Power Rating for Each Walk Assist Level
- Boost Mode can be Programmed for Additional Power to be Activated when you Initially Start Pedaling ~ 'Takeoff', and can be Disabled/Enabled, with an Adjustable Fade-out Duration
- Option for Temperature Sensor Utilization (Replaces and Disables Throttle) to provide Power Rollback Preventing Damage from Overheating at Higher Power Levels
- Display Shows Real Time Human Power and Motor Power Readouts, along with Speed, Assist Level, Battery Meter, Trip Odometer, a Clock, and a Switchable Graph Display
- Graph Display Logs and Displays Data History of: Speed / Cadence / Human Power Input / Motor Power Output / Motor Temperature / Battery Voltage / Battery Current / Battery SOC / & Even More Technical Motor Data!
- Legal - Even at Maximum Power, the TSDZ OSF does (Barely) Stay within the Legal Federal Limits in the USA, and can be Tuned Down for Local Compliance Anywhere
- Speed Limit - Adjustable Up to 99MPH
- Wheel Perimeter Setting in Millimeters for Very Accurate Speed Readings
- Units - Metric or Imperial
- Clock / Time Measurement (TMM)
- Menu Section for Technical/Sensor Data - View-able in Real Time for Diagnostics