The Gear Sensor is a great tool to preserve your Mid Drive E-bike's Drivetrain. Run your shifting cable through the Gear Sensor, zip tie or otherwise fix it to your frame, and plug it in! It actually senses when you shift, momentarily cutting power to the motor to avoid damage to your chain, derailleur, and/or cassette - which can easily happen when shifting under a high load. No more clunky shifting! Keep your shifting buttery smooth, even when cranking through the gears - without letting off the throttle!
While the Gear Sensor is meant to plug into the specific port provided for it coming from the BBS motor, we also offer a 'Y' / Split Cable that plugs into an existing e-brake port, providing the ability to use one with older Model BBS/Controllers that did not yet have the Gear Sensor Port. A 'Y' / Split Cable and Gear/Shift Sensor can also be used with other systems if they utilize the same Bafang BBS yellow 3 pin wiring scheme for their e-brake ports, such as some TSDZ2, and CYC X1 models.
Plug and Play with BBS01, BBS02, BBSHD systems, but also compatible with virtually all mid drives systems that have an e-brake port. It will just require some re-wiring. We can also offer this service, but you will have to contact us for a quote to discuss your system & connectors etc.
- Operating Voltage: 4-5.5 VDC
- Current Consumption: 15ma
- Signal Output Pulse Duration: 0.5s
- Operating Temp/Hum/: -2 5 ~ +70 ; 35% 85 % RH
- Short Circuit & Reverse Polarity Protection
- Housing Material: Intensive ABS
- Weatherproof Rating: IP67
- Certifications: CE/ROHS
- Gear Sensor Housing Size: 1.85" x .75" x .5" | 47mm x 18mm x 12mm
- Gear Sensor Cable 'Neck' Length: 13"
- Gear Sensor End to End Length: 16"