NOTE: OSF Motor Kits are shipped with Display Version 6.2 which correlates with Motor Version 5.1. This is the most stable/tested version by our standards, and once newer versions have been thoroughly tested, we will update this notice accordingly. To access the settings/menu for this version, double press the power button, holding it for a bit on the second press.
OSF Features and Configurations on Display Manual (list and explanation of current features of the 6.2 Display OSF Version)
We will program and send your TSDZ2 Kit with ANY VERSION requested, just leave us a message at checkout with the version preferred.
Due to the nature of Open Source Firmware, various bugs and/or glitches may arise in ANY version, and it is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with not only OSF in general, but specifically with the firmware programming/update process. As this firmware is continuously updated, it is best to have the ability to update yourself.
OSF MOTOR PROGRAMMING: https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming
Open Source Firmware is made by a Third Party and does void the official warranty of the TSDZ2. That being said, we do warranty any units against being dead on arrival, and will work with you through any issues you have.
Eco Cycles has been working with the TSDZ2 for years, and knows these motor kits better than anyone else around, even providing support and repair services for other domestic, and international distributors. We worked closely with the OSF coders, and the part manufacturers to facilitate plug and play programming and updating, which was not possible in the early stages of OSF. We also stock ALL replacement parts in the US, so rest assured you are in good hands as far as support goes.
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware (OSF) is a project being developed by members of the TSDZ2 Community. Discussed, tested, and continuously updated - upgrades have already been implemented that grant the TSDZ2 a smooth power delivery system that even rivals the expensive mid drives found on higher end factory bikes... but where it really shines, is when it comes to the custom settings. Current Features Include:
- Smooth, Efficient, Responsive (FOC) Power Delivery System using Sophisticated Algorithms
- Can accept Wide Voltage Range between 24v - 60v and Provides Advanced Battery Settings Including Low Voltage Cutoff, and Pack Resistance, for Accurate and Detailed Battery Information including State of Charge (SOC) Option
- All Custom Settings can be Changed from the Display Menu, with Quick Access/Select for Maximum Motor Power, and Graph Display Toggle
- Set Maximum Power Level (Watt Limit) and Current Ramp (Amps) for High Power with Smooth Onset
- Offroad Mode can be Activated at Startup and has Alternate Speed and Power Limit Settings
- Set up to 9 Levels of Pedal, Boost, and Walk Assist
- Fully Tune-able Power - Set the Torque Multiplication Ratios for each Individual Pedal Assist Level, Boost Level, and Set the Power Rating for Each Walk Assist Level
- Boost Mode can be Programmed for Additional Power to be Activated when you Initially Start Pedaling ~ 'Takeoff', and can be Disabled/Enabled, with an Adjustable Fade-out Duration
- Option for Temperature Sensor Utilization (Replaces and Disables Throttle) to provide Power Rollback Preventing Damage from Overheating at High Power Levels
- Display Shows Real Time Human Power and Motor Power Readouts, along with Speed, Assist Level, Battery Meter, Trip Odometer, a Clock, and a Switchable Graph Display
- Graph Display Logs and Displays Data History of: Speed / Cadence / Human Power Input / Motor Power Output / Motor Temperature / Battery Voltage / Battery Current / Battery SOC / & Even More Technical Motor Data!
- Legal - Even at Maximum Power, the TSDZ OSF does (Barely) Stay within the Legal Federal Limits in the USA, and can be Tuned Down for Local Compliance Anywhere
- Speed Limit - Adjustable Up to 99MPH
- Wheel Perimeter Setting for Very Accurate Readings, even if you Choose to Switch Tires etc
- Units - Metric or Imperial
- Clock / Time Measurement (TMM)
- Menu Section for Technical/Sensor Data - View-able in Real Time for Diagnostics
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware (OSF) Resources:
TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware (OSF) Home Page (intro and overview of the project)